- Vivi Padova
- Il Bo
ITES2007, the "Sixth Italian-Spanish Conference on General Topology and Applications", will be held in Bressanone (Italy) from June 26 to June 29, 2007.
The meeting, which takes place alternately in Italy and in Spain, aims to promote the cooperation between Italian and Spanish topologists.
Traditionally, it attempts to stress the connections between Topology and other areas of mathematics, in particular Mathematical Analysis and Geometry.
The meeting will be housed in a building of the University of Padova (to be distinguished from the site of the Bolzano University):
Casa della Gioventu'
via Rio Bianco
39042 Bressanone, Italy
The following main speakers have confirmed their participation:
* Angelo Bella (Universita' di Catania);
* Dikran Dikranjan (Universita' di Udine);
* Szymon Dolecki (Universita' de Bourgogne);
* Batildo Requejo Fernandez (Universidad de Extremadura en Badajoz);
* Jesus Rodriguez Lopez (Universidad Politecnica de Valencia);
* Petr Simon (Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Praha).
The following topologists will participate as invited speakers:
* Gerald A. Beer (University of California, Los Angeles);
* Georgi Dimov (University of Sofia);
* Dusan Repovs (University of Ljubljana);
* Pavel Semenov (Moscow City Pedagogical University).
Participants can apply for individual communications of twenty minutes. The participation of researchers from other countries is warmly encouraged.
The social program will include a dinner and an excursion to the mountains.
The official languages are Italian, Spanish, and English.
The registration fee is 120,00 Euros, to be paid at the arrival in Bressanone.
People interested in participating to the Conference are kindly requested to register as soon as possible by filling in the on-line registration form, accessible from the conference home page at:
The registration deadline is May 15, 2007.
Participants are invited to book the hotel accomodation personally (the home page provides a list of few hotels suggested by the organizers).
If you wish to present a short communication, please go to the communication form, accessible from the conference home page, where you will be asked to enter the title and the abstract of your talk (note that the communication form should be used only after having submitted the registration form).
Bressanone is a very pleasant site at about 40 kilometers North of Bolzano (560 meters a.s.l.).
See the Bressanone home page at http://www.brixen.org
Bressanone is placed on the railway line Verona-Innsbruck-Munich.
For foreign participants, it may be convenient to take a flight directed to one of the following airports (for more details, see the conference home page):
* Verona, about 190 km from Bressanone.
* Munich, about 260 km from Bressanone.
* Milano, about 330 km from Bressanone.
* Venezia, about 310 km from Bressanone.
To arrange your schedule, you may check the Italian railways
timetable at http://www.trenitalia.com
- Scientific committee:
* G. Artico, U. Marconi and R. Moresco (Universita' di Padova);
* F. Montalvo Duran (Universidad de Extremadura);
* M. A. Sanchez Granero (Universidad de Almeria);
* G. Tironi (Universita' di Trieste).
The Conference is supported by:
* Universita' di Padova;
* Dipartimento di Matematica Pura e Applicata (Padova);
* Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica (Universita' di Trieste);
* Grant PRIN2004 (MIUR).
Rif. G. Artico, U. Marconi, R. Moresco, G. Tironi