Back to Home Page
This is a collection of slides of some recent presentations (invited talks and/or contributions at meetings, seminars).
- Lissajous sampling and adaptive spectral filtering for
the reduction of the Gibbs phenomenon
in Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI)
2nd IM-Workshop on "Applied Approximation, Signals and Images" - Bernried, 27 Feb. - 3 Mar. 2017 (4.09Mb).
- On the rescaled method for RBF approximation
Workshop "Multivariate Approximation and Interpolation with Applications" - Luminy (France), September 21st, 2016 (1.7Mb).
- Intergration on manifolds by mapped low-discrepancy points and greedy minimal K_s-energy points
Workshop "IBC on the 70th anniversary of Henryk Woźniakowski" - Bedlewo (Poland), September 1st, 2016 (1.7Mb).
- Polynomial approximation on Lissajous curves on the d-cube
"5th Journèes d'Approximation" - Lille (France), May 20th, 2016 (0.84 Mb).
- Kernel-based Image Reconstruction from scattered Radon data by (anisotropic) positive definite functions.
Worskshop on "Kernel-based methods and function approximation" - Department of Mathematics, University of Torino (Italy), February 5th, 2016 (2.3Mb).
On the Lebesgue constant of the Floater-Hormann
rational interpolants Colloquium at the Department of
Mathematics, Université de Fribourg (Swiss) on Nov. 3rd, 2015
Trivariate polynomial approximation on Lissajous curves
Talk given at the Scholoss Dagsthul (Germany), at the seminar 15251 on June 17th, 2015 (823 Kb).
A new quasi-Monte Carlo technique based on nonnegative least squares and approximate
Talk given at the Department of Informatics, University of Antwerp (Belgium), on Dec 5th, 2014 (1.7 Mb).
Multivariate Christoffel functions and hyperinterpolation
Talk given at the Institute of Numerical and Applied Mathematics, University of Goettingen (Germany), on Dec 2nd, 2014 (4.2 Kb).
On a new orthonormal basis for RBF native spaces and its fast computation
Talk given at the Department of Mathematics, University of Torino (Italy), on June 11th, 2014 (2.1 Mb).
Padua points: genesis, theory, computation and applications
this is the talk presenting the more significant results on Padua points.
The last presentation was done at the Department of Mathematics, University of Warsaw (Poland), on April 2nd, 2014 (0.711 Mb).
On a new orthonormal basis for RBF native spaces
San Diego (USA), SIAM Annual meeting: July 8th, 2013 (1.08 Mb).
3-dimensional Weakly Admissible Meshes: interpolation and cubature
Hagen (Germany): Sept. 27th, 2011 (2.03 Mb).
3-dimensional Weakly Admissible Meshes
Budapest (Hungary): Jul. 8th, 2011 (1.92 Mb).
On Multivariate Newton Interpolation
at Discrete Leja Points
Goettingen (Germany): Jan. 14th, 2011 (2.24 Mb).
On the Lebesgue constants of a family of rational
interpolants on equispaced and non-equispaced points
Padova: Dec. 22nd, 2010 (1.07 Mb).
On the Lebesgue constant of Floater-Hormann's rational interpolant on
Oslo (Norway): Sept. 27th, 2010 (930 Kb).
- Weakly Admissible Meshes and Discrete Extremal Sets ,
CFT 2010, Sozopol (Bulgaria): Jun. 5th, 2010 (517 Kb).
- Matching food and wine and (some) mathematics ,
DWCAA09 Canazei (Italy): Sept. 6th, 2009 (760 Kb).
- Geometric greedy and greedy points for RBF interpolation ,
CMMSE09, Gijon (Spain): Jul. 2th, 2009 (747 Kb).
- Padua points: theory, computation and applications ,
Oslo (Norway): Apr. 2th, 2009 (677 Kb).
- Interpolation points and interpolation formule on the square ,
Zaragoza (Spain): Dec. 11th, 2008 (1.2 Mb).
- Stability and Lebesgue Constants in RBF Interpolation ,
Goettingen (Germany): Sept. 20th, 2008 (1.35 Mb).
- New cubature and hyperinterpolation
in the cube ,
Toensberg (Norway): Jun. 28th, 2008 (1.19 Mb).