The workshop takes place at the
Alba di Canazei is 1517 m of altitude and is at the foot of the Marmolada mountain.
Once arrived in Italy, by airplane or train, You can reach Canazei by train plus coach.
There are several public transports and we list them below:
1. SAD: the coach goes from Bolzano to Predazzo; then take a Trentino Trasporti (Atesina) coach to Canazei-Alba-Penia.
2. Trentino Trasporti (Atesina): the coach goes from Trento station to Canazei-Alba-Penia. Please notice that it does not stop at Ora.
3. Autostradale: the coach goes from Milan Malpensa to Canazei, but it WILL NOT be available in September.
4. Brusutti: the coach goes from Venezia (Piazzale Roma) to Canazei.
If on Your arrival (or before leaving Italy) You intend to stay in some hotels in Verona (which is on the way Milano - Canazei, about 2 hours from/to Milano and 4 hours from/to Canazei, and on the way Venice - Canazei, about 2 hours from/to Venice) or Padova (which is on the way Venice - Canazei, about 1 hour from/to Venice and 5 hours from/to Canazei), we suggest respectively
1. Hotel Mastino (Verona)
2. Hotel Igea (Padova)
They are both "3 stars" hotels and have an agreement with our Universities. Remember to mention Your partecipation to the Workshop DRWA07 to obtain the University price.
1. by plane:
- the nearest airport is Verona (also known as Catullo); Catullo airport is linked to the Porta Nuova railway station (and vice-versa) by a bus shuttle service departing every 20 minutes. Information and ticket office: APT S.p.A. - bus terminal of Verona Porta Nuova - Piazzale XXV Aprile. See APTV shuttle timetable. From Verona Porta Nuova station go to Trento train station. Finally take the coach to Canazei by Trentino Trasporti (Atesina).
- there is also a small airport in Bolzano with scheduled flights from and to Munich and Innsbruck. From Bolzano Airport take a taxi to Bolzano/Bozen railway station (10 minutes). Radio Taxi Bolzano telephone: 0471-981111. First take the bus SAD to Predazzo and then take a Trentino Trasporti (Atesina) coach to Canazei-Alba-Penia.
- from Venice (Marco Polo) airport, first go to Mestre railway station by public transports or Taxi (radiotaxi Mestre tel. 041-936222). From Mestre railway station go to Verona Porta Nuova station and then to the train station of Trento. Finally take the coach to Canazei by Trentino Trasporti (Atesina). A good alternative is the coach by Brusutti that goes from Venezia (Piazzale Roma) to Canazei. Piazzale Roma is the part of Venice from where it is possible to drive cars, and it is very close to Venice (Santa Lucia) railway station.
- from Milano Malpensa airport, Autostradale provides two alternatives, a coach that goes directly to Canazei-Penia (check the PDF file Milano - Canazei - Penia at Autostradale) or a shuttle to Milano Central Station (for the timetable see Autostradale). We stress that the coach Milano - Canazei - Penia WILL NOT be available during the period of the Workshop. In case You need informations, please contact Autostradale at Tel. +39 02-33910794 or Autostradale Viaggi at +39 02-637901. From Milano Central Station go to Trento station. Finally take the coach by Trentino Trasporti.
2. by train:
- from Venice or Milan first go to Trento station. Finally take the coach to Canazei by Trentino Trasporti (Atesina).
3. by motorway:
Main access from the A22 Brenner motorway:
Route 1. exit Ora/Egna: SS 48 Dolomite state road - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance km 45);
Route 2. exit Bolzano Nord: SS241 state road - Costalunga Pass - Val di Fassa (distance km 37).
4. by footpath:
- only on requirements.
The address of Canazei Tourist Office is
Ufficio Informazioni Turistiche
Piazza Marconi 8, Canazei, Italy;
Tel +39 - 0462 - 601113
Fax: +39 - 0462 - 602502