I've earned Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree in Information Technology from RTU Kota, India and Master of Technology (M.Tech.) degree in Computer Science from MNIT Jaipur, India . Presently, I am a Ph.D. student in Brain, Mind, and Computer Science doctoral program at the University of Padua, Italy , with a fellowship for international students funded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo (CARIPARO). Here, I am a part of the Security and PRIvacy Through Zeal (SPRITZ) research group. Under the supervision of Prof. Mauro Conti, I am working on the security and privacy aspects of Software Defined Networking (SDN); Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks in particular. My current research interest also includes the blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- May 2018: Invited Talk - "Software Defined Networks: An Overview" - International Symposium on Future Internet: Security Issues and Opportunities, Padua, Italy, May 10, 2018.
- May 2018: Sub-reviewer for ASONAM '18, Barcelona, Spain, August 28-31, 2018.
- March 2018: Sub-reviewer for CPS-Sec '18 (in conjunction with IEEE CNS '18), Beijing, China, June 1, 2018.
- March 2018: Sub-reviewer for CPSS '18 (in conjunction with ACM ASIACCS '18), Incheon, South Korea, June 4, 2018.
- March 2018: Sub-reviewer for IEEE COMST.
- November 2017: Sub-reviewer for IEEE TIFS.
- August 2017: Sub-reviewer for ICISS '17, Mumbai, India, December 16-20, 2017.
- August 2017: Sub-reviewer for SPA '17 (in conjunction with IEEE CNS '17), Las Vegas, NV USA, October 11, 2017.
- June 2017: Sub-reviewer for IEEE NFV-SDN '17, Berlin, Germany, November 6-8, 2017.
- May 2017: Webchair of SPA '17 (in conjunction with IEEE CNS '17), Las Vegas, NV USA, October 11, 2017.
- April 2018: Our BitcoinRansomwareExtortion project featured on MIT Technology Review!
- April 2018: Our technical report "On the Economic Significance of Ransomware Campaigns: A Bitcoin Transactions Perspective" is available on arXiv.
- April 2018: Our paper "Spot the Difference: Your Bucket is Leaking - A Novel Methodology to Expose A/B Testing Effortlessly" has been accepted at IEEE CNS '18 workshop: SPC '18.
- November 2017: Won the Intel Student Travel Grant at IEEE NFV-SDN '17.
- September 2017: Interviewed about "Ph.D. life in Italy" by Fondazione CARIPARO. Read the full article here.
- August 2017: Our paper "A Comprehensive and Effective Mechanism for DDoS Detection in SDN" has been accepted at IEEE WiMob '17.
July 2017: Our paper "Blocking Intrusions at Border using Software Defined-Internet Exchange Point (SD-IXP)" has been accepted at
IEEE NFV-SDN '17.
- Feb 2017: Our paper "PANORAMA: Real-time Bird's Eye View of an OpenFlow Network" has been accepted at IEEE ICNSC '17.