Declaration of Value
- What is DoV?
DoV is a document that describes the nature (full/part time), duration, authenticity, etc., of applicant's academic degree.
For obtaining DoV following documents^ are required:
- Request form for DoV.
- Authenticated and apostilled degree(s) - in original.
- For Master's Course: The degree certificate of UG/first-level degree.
- For Ph.D.'s Course: The degree certificates of both UG/first-level and PG/second-level degree.
- If the original degree certificate has not been yet awarded then one can get the permission from your university and can process the Provisional certificate for DoV.
- Authenticated and apostilled mark sheet/transcript if required by the Italian University - in original.
- Italian translation of the degree/mark-sheet - in original.
- Photocopy of the originals (degree/mark-sheet - both front and back).
- Photocopy of the original mark-sheet (even if not required by the Italian university as support document).
- Invitation/acceptance letter from the Italian University.
- Photocopy of the passport (main pages).
- Cover letter.
For some regions, a verification procedure is mandatory. In such cases, initiate this process at a nearby authorized center (generally, an office of VFS Global) before starting the legalization process. It might take around 15 working days to get confirmation from VFS, if it was successful.
Get your documents Authenticated from the Regional Authentication Centre (Department of Education) of your university.
- PS: If degrees (Bachelor & Master) are obtained from different universities, where each university falls under different Department of Education then separate authentication is required from the respective Department of Education.
After authentication of the degrees, an Apostille should be obtained from the Ministry of Foreign/External Affairs.
The Authenticated and Apostilled documents should be translated into Italian. Always refer to a translator who is registered/identified by the Embassy/Consulate of Italy.
Apply for DoV either in Italian Embassy/Consulate or through VFS.
^ Information for North-Indian students. Such students can find a detailed information here
. One can find the same for their country/region as well.