I received my MSc in Telecommunication Engineering and Ph.D. in
Information Engineering from the University of Padova, Italy,
in 2016 and 2021, respectively. Before Ph.D., I was research fellow
at the Department of Information Engineering at the University of Padova,
working on resource allocation for 5G networks. In 2019, I was Visiting
Researcher at the Nokia Bell Labs, Stuttgart, Germany, where I worked on
Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications. After the Ph.D., I joined the
SPRITZ group at the Department of Mathematics, University of Padova,
focusing on security and privacy. My research interests include wireless communications;
autonomous vehicles, cyber-physical systems, internet of things,
5G and beyond, and blockchain/distributed ledger technology.
- S. Sullivan, A. Brighente, S. Kumar, M. Conti, “5G Security Challenges and Solutions: A Review by OSI Layer”, IEEE Access, Aug. 2021.
- A. Brighente, M. Cerutti, M. Nicoli, S. Tomasin, U. Spagnolini, “Estimation of Wideband Dynamic mmWave and THz Channels for 5G Systems and Beyond”, IEEE JSAC special issue on Multiple Antenna Technologies for Beyond 5G, Jun. 2020
- A. Brighente, J. Gambini, S. Tomasin “Modular Hybrid Beamforming for mmWave Fixed Wireless Access”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, May 2020
- A. Brighente, S. Tomasin, “Power Allocation for Non-Orthogonal Millimeter Wave Systems With Mixed Traffic” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Volume: 18, Issue: 1, Jan. 2019
- A. Brighente, F. Formaggio, G. M. Di Nunzio, S. Tomasin, “Machine learning for in-region location verification in wireless networks” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Volume: 37, Issue: 11, Nov. 2019
- R. Saha, G. Kumar, A. Brighente, M. Conti “Towards An Enhanced Reputation Systemfor IOTA’s Coordicide”, accepted for publication in Proc. Of IEEE International Conference On Blockchain Computing And Applications (BCCA2021).
- A. Bighente, M. Conti, I. Sadaf, “Tell me how you charge I will tell you where you drove to: Electric Vehicles Profiling Based on Charging-Current Demand”, accepted for publication in Proc. Of ESORICS 2021.
- F. Moretto, A. Brighente, S. Tomasin “Adaptive Coordinated Random Access For MTC With Correlated Traffic and Data Freshness”, accepted for publication in Proc. of 2021 IEEE 22nd International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC).
- F. Moretto, A. Brighente, S. Tomasin “Maximum-Throughput Grant-Free Random Access For Correlated IoT Traffic”, accepted for publication in Proc. of Vechicular Technology Conference (VTC) fall 2021.
- A. Brighente, P. Baracca, J. Mohammadi, “Interference Distribution Prediction for Link Adaptation in Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communications”, 2020 IEEE 91st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2020-Spring), pp. 1-7, May 2020
- A. Brighente, F. Formaggio, M. Centenaro, G. M. Di Nunzio, S. Tomasin, “Location-Verification and Network Planning via Machine Learning Approaches”, 2019 International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOPT), Jun. 2019
- A. Brighente, F. Formaggio, G. Ruvoletto, S. Tomasin, “Ranking-Based Attacks to In-Region Location Verification Systems”, 2019 IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), Mar. 2019
- A. Brighente, S. Tomasin, “Beamforming and scheduling for mmWave downlink sparse virtual channels with non-orthogonal and orthogonal multiple access” 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), pp. 1-6, Feb. 2018
- A. Brighente, S. Tomasin “Centralized and Distributed Sparsification for Low-Complexity Message Passing Algorithm in C-RAN Architectures” 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), pp. 1-6, Feb. 2018
- A. Badan et al, “Keyword-based access to relational data: To reproduce, or to not reproduce?” SEBD 2017
- A. Badan et al, “Towards Open-Source Shared Implementations of Keyword-Based Access Systems to Relational Data” EDBT/ICDT Workshop, 2017
- A. Brighente, M. Conti, A. De Salve “ The Ethereum Blockchain: Implementation and Security Aspects” , Blockchains: A Handbook on Fundamentals, Applications and Security. Springer (in press)
- S. Tomasin, A. Brighente, F. Formaggio, G. Ruvoletto “Physical‐Layer Location Verification by Machine Learning”, Machine Learning for Future Wireless Communications. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Dec. 2019
A. Brighente, S. Tomasin, J. Gambini, “A Beamformer Arrangement for Signal Beamforming”, filed European patent
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII) special issue on "Cyber-Physical Threats and Solutions for Autonomous Transportation Systems".
Guest editors: A. Brighente, M. Conti, R. Poovendran, J. Zhou.
Technical Program Committee Member
- Technical Program Committee for IEEE 2022 Vehicular Technology Conference-Spring (VTC2022Spring)
- Technical Program Committee for IEEE 2021 Global Communications Conference (Globecom2021)
- Technical Program Committee for 5th International Workshop on Security and Forensics of IoT(ARES2021)
- Technical Program Committee for 20th annual International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS2021)
- Publication Chair for 7th ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop (CPSS 2021)
- Publication Chair for 20th annual International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS2021)
- Publicity Chair for 7th ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop (CPSS 2021)
- Publicity Chair for 20th annual International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS2021)
- Publicity Chair for 19th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS2022)
- Publicity Chair for 13th International Symposium on Cyberspace Safety and Security (CSS2021)
- Ontochain, Horizon 2020 research and innovation grant no. 957338
- NATO Science for Peace Multi-Year Project SPS MYP G5884
- Quantum Safe Randomness (Quasar), Funded by Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo (CaRiPaRo)
- Validation of the Coordicide security, funded by IOTA foundation
- Informatics and Bioinformatics, Department of Biology, Unipd, Bachelor Degree in Biology First Semester 2021/2022
- Ethical Hacking, Department of Mathematics, Unipd, Master Degree in Cybersecurity. Second Semester 2021/2022
- 5G Systems, Department of Infromation Engineering, Unipd, Master Degree in ICT. Teaching assistant, 2018/2019
- 5G Systems, Department of Infromation Engineering, Unipd, Master Degree in ICT. Teaching assistant, 2017/2018