I received the master's degree in computer science in 2016, at the University of Padova, Italy, with a thesis about the application of relational data mining. From October 2018, I am a Ph.D. Student at the Brain, Mind and Computer Science (BMCS) School of the University of Padua under the supervision of Prof. Mauro Conti. I am a member of the SPRITZ research group.
My research interests lie primarily on the security of the authentication systems, with a particular focus on those systems based on Machine Learning. So far, I have mainly focused on behavioural biometrics.
List of Publications
- Giuseppe Bernieri, Stefano Cecconello, Mauro Conti, Gianluca Lain.
TAMBUS: A novel authentication method through covert channels for securing industrial networks.
Elsevier Computer Networks, 183, 2020. DOI:10.1016/j.comnet.2020.107583.
- Stefano Cecconello, Alberto Compagno, Mauro Conti, Daniele Lain, & Gene Tsudik.
Skype & Type: Keyboard Eavesdropping in Voice-over-IP.
ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (TOPS), 22 columns (4), 1-34, 2019. DOI:10.1145/3365366.
International Conferences And Workshops
- Mattia Carlucci, Stefano Cecconello, Mauro Conti, & Piero Romare.
Eathentication: A Chewing-based Authentication Method.
2020 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), Avignon, France, 2020, pp. 1-9. DOI: 10.1109/CNS48642.2020.9162343.
- Moreno Ambrosin, Stefano Cecconello, Mauro Conti, & Daniele Lain.
A roaming-based denial of service attack on LTE networks: poster.
Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks, 283-284, 2017. DOI:10.1145/3098243.3106027.
- Matteo Cardaioli, Stefano Cecconello, Luca Pajola, & Federico Turrin.
Fake news spreaders profiling through behavioural analysis.
In CLEF. 2020.
- Teaching assistant of Cybersecurity and Cryptography: Principles and Practices course (2020/2021). Master's degree in Cybersecurity, University of Padova.
- Teaching assistant of Database course (2019/2020). Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, University of Padova.
- Teaching assistant of Computer Science and bioinformatics for Biology (2018/2019, 2019/2020, 2020/2021). Bachelor's degree in Biology, University of Padova.
- Organizer for CyberChallenge (2020), University of Padova.