In this page you can find the list of my project proposal. If you are interested in a collaboration, just drop me an e-mail.
- Security assessment in vehicular systems. Investigate the vulnerability of a vehicular cyber-physical system and develop ad-hoc solutions in order to protect them.
- Security Analysis on the Industrial testbed. The candidate will implement a Cyber-Physical System using the departmental testbed. Then, security analysis will be addressed. Large programming part and physical presence in the Department for the tests is required.
- Machine Learning for Industrial Control System Security. The candidate will develop an Anomaly Detection System with the help of Machine Learning techniques. The tests will be implemented in a real-life Industrial Control System environment.
- Security assessment on devices. In this work we will do a security assessment on some devices that companies provide us. We will identify vulnerabilities that can be exploited by malicious users. This work is in collaboration with companies, so it is potentially aimed at hiring. There is also the possibility to have an economic contribution (proposals may vary based on the period).
- Anomaly detection in Industrial Control System. The candidate will develop an anomaly etection system for Industrial Control System and simulate the framework in a real environment. This thesis in collaboration with Florida International University (possible exchange period).
- Direct collaboration with companies. We collaborate with many companies in order to provide new security solutions and also develop innovative products. to their problem. In this work the student will take part at these projects (proposals may vary based on the period).
- Analysis on Internet Traffic. SPRITZ group collaborates with VSIX, an Internet Exchange Point that monitors Internet traffic passing through the Veneto region. The goal of this work is to analyze the network traffic in order to detect scanning campaigns or malicious actions.
- Analysis on Air-Traffic Communications: SPRITZ group collaborates with the Open Sky. In this project we will analyze the Air-Traffic generated by the airplanes in order to discover potential vulnerabilities and to implement innovative security solutions.