"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful."
Positions/Grants (drop me an email if interested)
- October '15: Book Recently Published!
- August '15: Our paper ``Losing Control: On the Effectiveness of Control-Flow Integrity under Stack Attacks" accepted at CCS 2015!
- University of Padua got the highest ranking for the research among leading Italian universities!
- April '15: our ACNS 2015 paper has been selected for the best student paper award!
- Jan-July '15: Prof. Ivan Martinovic (University of Oxford, UK) is visiting our Group.
- April '14: I have been elevated to the IEEE Senior Member grade (only 7% of IEEE members hold this grade).
I am always enthusiastic to supervise strongly motivated MSc and PhD students that are willing to work with me in my research area (in brief: security and privacy). If you are interested, please drop me an email (with CV).
I am ERASMUS Academic Coordinator for students exchange with: TU Darmstadt; VU Amsterdam; KU Leuven; U. of Helsinki; IPB Bordeaux. If you are interested in an international experience for your BSc/MSc/PhD, please contact me (projects available with several top universities worldwide and with companies and institutions such as Intel, CISCO, IBM, Dropbox, SAP, NEC, Alcatel, and NATO).
If you are from China and interested in a PhD, PostDoc, or visiting research under my supervision, I strongly advise you to apply for Scholarship from CSC and its special scholarship program with the University of Padua (more info here).
5 Selected/Recent Publications (check also the full list)
- M. Conti, L. V. Mancini, R. Spolaor, N. V. Verde. Analyzing Android Encrypted Network Traffic to Identify User Actions. In IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, 2015.
- M. Conti, S. Crane, L. Davi, M. Franz, P. Larsen, C. Liebchen, M. Negro, M. Qunaibit, A. Sadeghi. Losing Control: On the Effectiveness of Control-Flow Integrity under Stack Attacks. In ACM CCS 2015.
- A. Compagno, M. Conti, P. Gasti, L. V. Mancini, G. Tsudik. Violating Consumer Anonymity: Geo-locating Nodes in Named Data Networking. In ACNS 2015 (Best Student Paper Award)
- Y. Zhauniarovich, G. Russello, M. Conti, B. Crispo, E. Fernandes. MOSES: Supporting and Enforcing Security Profiles on Smartphones. In IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2014.
- C. Ardagna, M. Conti, M. Leone, J. Stefa. An Anonymous End-to-End Communication Protocol for Mobile Cloud Environments. In IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 2014
Selected/Recent Professional Activities (check also the full list)
- General Chair: ACM SACMAT '13, SecureComm '12.
- Publicity Chair: CCS '16.
Program Commitee Member:
IEEE INFOCOM '17,
IEEE ICC '17 CISS.
2016: IEEE INFOCOM '16, IEEE CNS '16, ACNS '16, TRUST '16, IEEE TrustCom '16, DIMVA '16, NFW@CNS '16, ACM CPSS@AsiaCCS '16, SIOT@ESORICS '16, CyberICPS@ESORICS '16, IEEE ICC '16 CISS, NSS '16, IEEE ICCCN '16, IEEE ATC '16, ACM SAC DADS '16.