"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful."
Full Professor, University of Padua, Italy
IEEE Fellow | Young Academy of Europe Fellow
Editor-in-chief, IEEE TIFS
UniPD Academic Advisor for Entrepreneurship Development
Study Program Coordinator of MSc degree in Cybersecurity
Head of SPRITZ Security and Privacy Research Group
Director of UniPD node of CINI Cybersecurity National Lab
Also affiliated with TU Delft (NL) and UW (USA)
CEO and co-funder of CHISITO | Co-funder of DYALOGHI
EU Marie Curie Fellow Alumni | DAAD Fellow Alumni
University of Padua - Dep. of Mathematics and HIT Center
Via Trieste, 63 - 35121, Padua, Italy
Room 526 - Phone +39 049 827 1488 - Fax +39 049 827 1479 -
Project Assistant Contact:
Media Coverage (check also the full list)
Positions/Grants (please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested)
I am always enthusiastic to supervise strongly motivated MSc and PhD students that are willing to work with me in my research area (in brief: security and privacy). If you are interested, please drop me an email (with CV).
I am ERASMUS Academic Coordinator for students exchange with: TU Darmstadt; VU Amsterdam; KU Leuven; U. of Helsinki; IPB Bordeaux. If you are interested in an international experience for your BSc/MSc/PhD, please contact me (projects available with several top universities worldwide and with companies and institutions such as Intel, CISCO, IBM, Dropbox, SAP, NEC, and NATO).
If you are from China and interested in a PhD, PostDoc, or visiting research under my supervision, I strongly advise you to apply for Scholarship from CSC and its special scholarship program with the University of Padua (more info here).
Selected/Recent Publications (check also the full list)
- Edlira Dushku, Md Masoom Rabbani, Mauro Conti, Luigi V. Mancini, Silvio Ranise. SARA: Secure Asynchronous Remote Attestation for IoT systems. In IEEE TIFS 2020.
- Stefano Cecconello, Alberto Compagno, Mauro Conti, Daniele Lain, Gene Tsudik. Skype & Type: Keyboard Eavesdropping in Voice-over-IP. In ACM TOPS 2019.
- Ankit Gangwal, Mauro Conti. Cryptomining cannot Change its Spots: Detecting Covert Cryptomining using Magnetic Side-channel. In IEEE TIFS 2019.
- Eduard Marin, Nicola Bucciol, Mauro Conti. An In-depth Look Into SDN Topology Discovery Mechanisms: Novel Attacks and Practical Countermeasures. In ACM CCS 2019.
- Andrea Biondo, Mauro Conti, Lucas Davi, Tommaso Frassetto, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi. The Guard's Dilemma: Efficient Code-Reuse Attacks Against Intel SGX. In USENIX Security 2018.
Selected/Recent Professional Activities (check also the full list)
- General Chair: Springer SSCC '18.
- Program Committee Member: NDSS '20, ACM AsiaCCS '20, ACM WiSec '20, ACM SACMAT '20, IEEE INFOCOM '20, IEEE CNS '20, ESORICS '20.
My Book on Sensor Networks Security