"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful."
Full Professor, University of Padua, Italy
Affiliate Professor, University of Washington, USA
Head of SPRITZ Security and Privacy Research Group
Director of UniPD node of CINI Cybersecurity National Lab
EU Marie Curie Fellow Alumni
CEO and co-funder of CHISITO
Co-funder of DYALOGHI
University of Padua - Dep. of Mathematics and HIT Center
Via Trieste, 63 - 35131, Padua, Italy
Room 528 - Phone +39 049 827 1488 - Fax +39 049 827 1479
Project Assistant Contact:
Media Coverage (check also the full list)
Positions/Grants (please drop me an email if interested)
- 1 PostDoc position (will open soon)
- December '17: Team SPRITZ is organizing the CyberChallenge.IT event!
- October '16: Our paper ``SANA: Secure and Scalable Aggregate Network Attestation" presented at CCS 2016!
- August '16: Our paper ``FlowFence: Practical Data Protection for Emerging IoT Application Frameworks" presented at Usenix Security 2016!
I am always enthusiastic to supervise strongly motivated MSc and PhD students that are willing to work with me in my research area (in brief: security and privacy). If you are interested, please drop me an email (with CV).
I am ERASMUS Academic Coordinator for students exchange with: TU Darmstadt; VU Amsterdam; KU Leuven; U. of Helsinki; IPB Bordeaux. If you are interested in an international experience for your BSc/MSc/PhD, please contact me (projects available with several top universities worldwide and with companies and institutions such as Intel, CISCO, IBM, Dropbox, SAP, NEC, and NATO).
If you are from China and interested in a PhD, PostDoc, or visiting research under my supervision, I strongly advise you to apply for Scholarship from CSC and its special scholarship program with the University of Padua (more info here).
Selected/Recent Publications (check also the full list)
- Eduard Marin, Nicola Bucciol, Mauro Conti. An In-depth Look Into SDN Topology Discovery Mechanisms: Novel Attacks and Practical Countermeasures. In ACM CCS 2019.
- Andrea Biondo, Mauro Conti, Lucas Davi, Tommaso Frassetto, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi. The Guard's Dilemma: Efficient Code-Reuse Attacks Against Intel SGX. In USENIX Security 2018.
- Andrea Biondo, Mauro Conti, Daniele Lain. Back To The Epilogue: Evading Control Flow Guard via Unaligned Targets. In NDSS 2018.
- Moreno Ambrosin, Mauro Conti, Ahmad Ibrahim, Gregory Neven, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Matthias Schunter. SANA: Secure and Scalable Aggregate Network Attestation. In ACM CCS 2016.
- Earlence Fernandes, Justin Paupore, Amir Rahmati, Daniel Simionato, Mauro Conti, Atul Prakash. FlowFence: Practical Data Protection for Emerging IoT Application Frameworks. In USENIX Security 2016.
Selected/Recent Professional Activities (check also the full list)
- General Chair: ACM SACMAT '13, SecureComm '12.
- Publicity Chair: ACM AsiaCCS '17, CCS '16.
Program Commitee Member:
ACM AsiaCCS '17, ACM SACMAT '17, IEEE INFOCOM '17, ACNS '17, IEEE ICC '17 CISS, DIMVA '17, IEEE PAC '17, IEEE TrustCom '17, NSS '17, ICISSP '17, ACM IoTPTS '17, (in conjunction with ACM AsiaCCS '17), GPC '17, ITA-SEC '17.
My Book on Sensor Networks Security