"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful."
Full Professor, University of Padua, Italy
Affiliate Professor, University of Washington, USA
Head of SPRITZ Security and Privacy Research Group
Director of UniPD node of CINI Cybersecurity National Lab
EU Marie Curie Fellow Alumni
CEO and co-funder of CHISITO
Co-funder of DYALOGHI
University of Padua - Dep. of Mathematics and HIT Center
Via Trieste, 63 - 35131, Padua, Italy
Room 528 - Phone +39 049 827 1488 - Fax +39 049 827 1479
Project Assistant Contact: Michela Angeli -
Media Coverage (check also the full list)
Positions/Grants (please drop me an email if interested)
- 6 Months Scholarships for students enrolled in non-Italian universities (Now open! Deadline: Feb 15, 2019 - 12AM Italy time)
- 1 PostDoc position (will open soon)
- December '17: Team SPRITZ is organizing the CyberChallenge.IT event!
- October '16: Our paper ``SANA: Secure and Scalable Aggregate Network Attestation" presented at CCS 2016!
- August '16: Our paper ``FlowFence: Practical Data Protection for Emerging IoT Application Frameworks" presented at Usenix Security 2016!
I am always enthusiastic to supervise strongly motivated MSc and PhD students that are willing to work with me in my research area (in brief: security and privacy). If you are interested, please drop me an email (with CV).
I am ERASMUS Academic Coordinator for students exchange with: TU Darmstadt; VU Amsterdam; KU Leuven; U. of Helsinki; IPB Bordeaux. If you are interested in an international experience for your BSc/MSc/PhD, please contact me (projects available with several top universities worldwide and with companies and institutions such as Intel, CISCO, IBM, Dropbox, SAP, NEC, and NATO).
If you are from China and interested in a PhD, PostDoc, or visiting research under my supervision, I strongly advise you to apply for Scholarship from CSC and its special scholarship program with the University of Padua (more info here).
5 Selected/Recent Publications (check also the full list)
- Moreno Ambrosin, Mauro Conti, Ahmad Ibrahim, Gregory Neven, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Matthias Schunter. SANA: Secure and Scalable Aggregate Network Attestation. In ACM CCS 2016.
- Earlence Fernandes, Justin Paupore, Amir Rahmati, Daniel Simionato, Mauro Conti, Atul Prakash. FlowFence: Practical Data Protection for Emerging IoT Application Frameworks. In USENIX Security 2016.
- Moreno Ambrosin, Mauro Conti, Fabio De Gaspari, Radha Poovendran. LineSwitch: Tackling Control Plane Saturation Attacks in Software-Defined Networking. In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2016.
- M. Conti, L. V. Mancini, R. Spolaor, N. V. Verde. Analyzing Android Encrypted Network Traffic to Identify User Actions. In IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, 2015.
- M. Conti, S. Crane, L. Davi, M. Franz, P. Larsen, C. Liebchen, M. Negro, M. Qunaibit, A. Sadeghi. Losing Control: On the Effectiveness of Control-Flow Integrity under Stack Attacks. In ACM CCS 2015.
- A. Compagno, M. Conti, P. Gasti, L. V. Mancini, G. Tsudik. Violating Consumer Anonymity: Geo-locating Nodes in Named Data Networking. In ACNS 2015 (Best Student Paper Award)
Selected/Recent Professional Activities (check also the full list)
- General Chair: ACM SACMAT '13, SecureComm '12.
- Publicity Chair: ACM AsiaCCS '17, CCS '16.
Program Commitee Member:
ACM AsiaCCS '17, ACM SACMAT '17, IEEE INFOCOM '17, ACNS '17, IEEE ICC '17 CISS, DIMVA '17, IEEE PAC '17, IEEE TrustCom '17, NSS '17, ICISSP '17, ACM IoTPTS '17, (in conjunction with ACM AsiaCCS '17), GPC '17, ITA-SEC '17.
My Book on Sensor Networks Security